Full Service Music Retail in Crystal Lake, IL. We offer Music Lessons, Retail, Repair, & Rental. Player's Bench Music School in Crystal Lake has been teaching for over 40 years!
We have won Best Music Store for over five years in a row! We have been one of the Best Music Lesson programs in McHenry County over five years in a row
WE TEACH ALL AGES & LEVELS !
It doesn’t matter if you are an experienced player or a beginner; there is always more to learn when it comes to music. That’s why The Player’s Bench offers private music lessons taught by experienced teachers who are also professional working musicians.
ARE YOUR INSTRUCTORS QUALIFIED?
Our teachers have received their education from prestigious institutions such as Columbia, Wisconsin Conservatory of Music, Syracuse, Northern Illinois, University of Illinois Champaign Urbana, American Conservatory of Music, to name a few. Many of our instructors have gone on performance tours of the US and Europe and have over 25 years of professional performance and teaching experience. In addition to their teaching credentials, our teachers have warm personalities, are extremely friendly and strive to get to know each student and their parent on a personal level.
I'm a guitarist, and I've been playing long enough and have visited enough stores to know my way around. The people here are friendly and accommodating, and the brands they carry in the way of acoustics, pedals, strings and accessories is very well thought out. Alvarez, Recording King, Yamaha, Taylor, Ibanez, and Godin, as well as a few used gems every now and again. The shop is tidy, and parking is easy. After sampling a wall worth of guitars, they helped me find the right acoustic for my needs and promptly special ordered it. The prices are pretty standard, but the sales you'll find from time to time are a good bargain. Check it out.
1. We are the only school in McHenry County that offers all of these popular instruments: Piano, Electric & Acoustic Guitar, Drums, Voice, Singing, Bass, Harmonica, Ukulele, Trumpet, Trombone, Baritone, French Horn, Clarinet, Oboe, Flute, Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, Violin, Viola, and Cello in one location.
2. The largest and most qualified teaching faculty in McHenry County. We have 14 music teachers, all with either college training or professional performance experience. Our music teachers are dedicated to learning about your personal musical goals and helping you to achieve them. We are confident that we have the right teacher to meet your music lesson needs. In addition to their teaching credentials, our teachers have warm personalities, are extremely friendly and dedicated to teaching you the style of music that you want to learn in your music lesson.
3. We offer lessons 6 days a week!
4. A proven track record of excellence since 1973!
That is over 40 years of serving our community! New ownership & staff since of June 2014.
5. A comfortable waiting area within our store for our students & parents.
6. We remodeled all of our lesson rooms to better serve our students in February of 2017. No more second floor lessons!
7. Free music recitals held two times a year!
Every parent just wants to know how their child is doing and if they are really progressing. The best way for a parent to understand if their investment in lessons is really worth it, is to have their child participate in a recital.
In May and December many of our students choose to perform in our biannual recitals. We hold these at Park Place & Grand Oaks.
For our students these recitals are free and unlike many schools in McHenry County, we do not charge recital participation or admission fees.
8. Student Discount Cards.
We are the only music school in McHenry County that offers student discount cards for their students which saves them money all throughout the year.
Player’s Bench Music sells music books, instruments and accessories. All of our current students receive a student discount card that saves them money on all of their music supply needs.
9. Located in historic downtown Crystal Lake, IL.
Due to its central location, our school is convenient to all areas of McHenry Country. Close to our school, you will find great shopping, dining and the quaint downtown Crystal Lake.
10. Month to Month lessons.
Player’s Bench Music does not require semester minimums for lessons. Every student here is on a month-to-month basis.
If you are ready to start, you have nothing to lose as we only want students who truly want to be here and we will not commit you to a long term contract.
We love our customers, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
87 north williams st., crystal lake, IL 60014, us
4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
9:00 am – 5:00 pm